Monday, December 01, 2008

I keep pinching myself

I have jet lag. Haven't slept through the night since we got home. So I lay awake and I keep pinching myself. Is this real? Could this be? I watch the video over and over. I have her little toothbrush that we used when she stayed with me. The pj's she wore. The little outfit she left behind. I can't believe it. I remember when Joe and I were seperated due to immigration. We were engaged and then he had to leave the country to apply for his Visa. We were apart for six months. We spoke at least twice a day. Emails in between. Yet, I still worried. I still doubted. I guess it's just my psyche. The neurotic jew in me. I feel the same way now. I get this anxious feeling. She is so far away and I can't do anything for her except wait the next few months out. At least this wait has an end in sight. I am thanking god for that, yet, I do keep pinching myself....but this is real! She needs us. Lia Tsz-Huei Rose we will be there soon.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Hey Girlie -

Remember at Coach U, we talked early on about "holding the vision" for someone? Right now, I'm holding the vision of Lia-Rose in your house, tucked into her own bed for the very first time, with you and Joe in sheer disbelief that she's REALLY HERE!

Howzabout I hold that for you, while you can pinch, kick, or do whatever else to yourself you'd like? :-)