Sunday, December 07, 2008

Alot to do

I have officially declared myself burnt out. Truly tired, exhausted and emotionally drained. It's also that time of the month so it works well that my cramps have kicked me on my back, into my big comfy bed. But I have a lot to do, and feel at this moment, a little overwhelmed. So when I feel this way, I give myself a break and take it ....one step at a time.

Here's what I have to do..I'm sure there is more, but suddenly I'm feeling that you my sweet little Lia Tsz-Huei will be sooner rather then later, and we better get ready.

1. Start cleaning out closets and drawers. Throw away everything that you haven't worn in the last year. Donate it to Goodwill. Get it out of the house. This includes shoes, boots and handbags.

2. Decide what color you want the room to be. What color you want the furniture to be and make a decision and stick to it. I keep going back and forth between keeping the room the color it is (lavender=ish) which in fact I painted that color four ears ago with the intention that this would be my child's room. However, I am drawn to the pink and brown theme as well-although that is way to "in" and everyone is doing it. I also love the darker furniture-it's classy and will last a lifetime. We are getting a trundle vs a double bad. Right into a grown up bed by the way, she is ready. With sides of course.

3. Makes some decisions on childcare. Start looking for a great babysitter, check out all the schools and daycares. (I have started this process by the way)

4. Learn chinese. I have to.

5. Get a head of the game with work,so I can take off a little longer.

6. Save, save and save money. Btween the economy faltering and the adoption expenses, it makes me nervous and want to make sure we have lots of cash on hand. Note to shish and family, not going crazy with Haunnukah gifts this years. O'k?
I know me, I probably won't abide by this.

7.Send another care package to my love. I sent her one this weekend. I'd like to send every few weeks. Along with cards.

8. Babyproof the place for a very active three year old.

9. Get my butt into the gym no less then four days a week. Been slacking and not eating as good. Stress. But no excuse, and I need to get back on the wagon. So, this officially puts it out there and I'm going to do it. I need to be in tip top shape when this very active three year old gets her.

10. Carve out special time with the husband. It's important.

2 comments:

Daniella said...

sounds like you have a good plan. I love the pink/brown colors too. M's room is yellow and white right now but along with thinking of a new name, the paint may change as well. I just did a massive goodwill cleanout and it felt so good. My brother and sisterinlaw are in route here til Wed. I'll email you after to let you know if I speak to her.
xo

Jocelyn said...

You have me a little tired just reading this:-) I'd cut out the working out...it is so over rated!!