Sunday, April 20, 2008

When you set out on a journey and have a clear vision of what it is you want, even the bumps in the road are just used to pepper your story. They add the flavor to the meal so to speak. It seems lately that although my goal is so clear, things arise that catch me by surprise. I am proud of myself for really staying the course, but it is all very challenging none the less. Although this may read cryptically, I realized this week, that sometimes people are not who you really thought there were, words on paper are sometimes not what you think they read and that sometimes just relying on yourself and on what your instincts tell you truly are the best course of action.


Anyway, a Happy Passover to all. I celebrated the first night of the holiday with my family in South Jersey. My poor husband was sick to his stomach and although I wanted to stay home with him, he insisted that I go....he was missed. I told Addie that this year would be the last year she was the youngest at the Sedar dinner. Next year Lia will be with us hopefully. This was the third year in a row that she was in my thoughts on Passover. I hope that next year she will be at the table beside me.

My birthday is this week and I am turning another year older. Perhaps another year wiser. Between Passover and my birthday, this season is always very special and memorable to me. It's my step-daughter's birthday tomororw as well as the 5th birthday of when we brought the loveable Molly, my dog, home. Spring brings me promises of happiness and reflection. It always truly feels like rebirth. So, may this be my last Spring without you dear little Lia-Rose. Next Spring you'll be home...oh please oh please ...

4 comments:

Daniella said...

very cryptic indeed. Happy passover. Need to catch up.

Jocelyn said...

Happy Passover to you too. I so hope that next year's post has pictures of little miss Lia-Rose in your arms. Every time I see that you posted a new post, my heart sort of skips a beat hoping that it is the one. Have a very happy birthday too Auntie Wendi!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Passover! Happy Birthday! And your cryptic message makes me concerned for you...I hope you came out on top of the situation, whatever it was. Don't forget to call me...or I'll call you.

KJ said...

Happy Passover. I KNOW ... I just KNOW that Lia-Rose will be here next year. I know it with all my heart, with all my soul. And you will be hosting the sedar... and Auntie KJ better be invited -- or she is showing up un-invited to kiss that Lia-Rose all over!
And I dont like that cryptic message either.