Thursday, April 24, 2008

Another year

When we started this process I had just turned 45 years old. Somewhere in China my dusty file sits. Inside it talks about how this 45 year old woman, who has never had children, cannot wait to bring her little Baby home from China. Somewhere there is a picture of me in China. Maybe my hair is less gray (although truth be told I color it every four weeks), I was certainly a bit heavier, and most definitely a bit younger. Tomorrow, that same woman whose file is in China, turns 47 years old. I truly can't believe it. You know how when you were 32 and 45 seemed so old. Now, it's so young to me. Now 50 is young to me!

So, I won't freak out that so many years have gone by since I started this adoption process. Honestly, the baby making process started long before our file was sent to China. So actually, it's much longer than two years that I've been trying to bring my family together. More like 5 years. But, that is not the point.

I will celebrate tomorrow night with some great friends at a favorite restaurant on the Upper West Side. I can't wait. I hope this is the last year I celebrate without you Lia-Rose. You are the only gift I want.




Thank you my sister for a wonderful post..read this!

5 comments:

Joanne said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I pray Lia-Rose will be here to celebrate your next b-day too!!

KJ said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DEAR, DEAR FRIEND! I love you, I miss you, I wish I was in NY to celebrate w you. As you blow your candles out tonight, know there is a friend on the other side of the country who loves you so very much and who is wishing for the same thing you are... that next year a little girl name Lia-Rose will excitedly help you blow out those candles. All my love.

Jocelyn said...

Happy Birthday Wendi!! I hope this year brings so much happiness to you!!
I should write Hallmarks:-)

Have a wonderful day!!
love ya,
joc and pacey

Shannon said...

Have a great birthday! Wishing you all the best.

Shannon & Chloe

Daniella said...

Happy, happy Birthday Wendi! I'm sorry I didn't catch you live today and had to leave a message. Be thankful I didn't sing! Anyway, thinking of you, having a glass of wine in your honor and next year Lia-Rose will be with you blowing out those candles.