Friday, March 28, 2008

I am so lame

Lori and I had a discussion about how lame our blogs are. Well, mine. Her's is still cooler than mine, according to her daughter Sydney, because it is not about adoption. Note, we believe that Sydney may think that all blogs are about is adoption because that is how she was introduced to the world of blogging.

My blog is totally lame lately. I have nothing really to say except how miserable I am about this wait.(Or happy birthday to my husband) I am tired of hearing myself complain. So, I don't really write much. I don't feel inspired to. I feel freakin' beaten up and just wounded. I am not a victim and I'm tired of playing one in cyber space. I am just a pissed off woman. And by the way, I don't' like to be that character either. I am a positive, powerful woman. By the way, that is a quote from my Coach, not from me personally…the powerful part. I am generally positive…and hate hate hate hate, did I say hate how this wait is draining me and causing me angst. Isn't this the part of motherhood supposed to be fun? To be filled with food cravings and shopping? To be filled with excitement and baby showers? By the way, I wouldn't be having a baby shower as a Jew, but that's another issue. Bottom-line…I'm tired of not being happy. I am tired of just working and burying my head into projects and paying my bills. I am tired of not having fun and living life right now. I am really not …I'm just going thru motions until I get some news about my baby. So, I announce to the world…right now… Enough being caught up in sorrow and frustration.

I am going to live in the moment. I am living life like this baby is really coming, and more importantly like I HAVE THE LIFE THAT I HAVE. Enough being lame. Thanks Lor. Now update your much better according to Sydney blog!

7 comments:

JoAnn in NJ said...

You ARE a strong, powerful and confident woman!

I think many waiting Moms pledge (and do) the same thing! Is there a new hobby you've been toying with the idea of starting?

In the year before referral, I:
sang in my church choir
attended monthly adoption support groups
attended monthly bible study
worked on my master's degree
participated in a monthly bookclub
worked on Kelsey's 100 good wishes quilt
Worked 9-7pm as often as possible at the office
Gardened heavily in spring/summer/fall
In addition to spending time with Kurt and family.

What I do now besides be a Wife and Mommy? I run the adoption support group and work and that's about it...small list! :)

I'm curious...I understand Jewish cultural norm in not having a babyshower before the baby is born...but Lia will be born before you meet her ...is there a covenant against that?

Many Italians have similar tradition (or superstitions) (I'm half Italian/half Irish

Anonymous said...

I think you're being hard on yourself. Your blog is about your journey, and each journey has its highs and lows. This is a low time. It just makes you normal.

We'll vent about this next week :)

Anonymous said...

Wendi,

Your blog isn't lame!

I love the privilege of peeking into your world.

Thank you for sharing your journey!

Anonymous said...

uhmmm wendi. i never said anything about your blog being 'lame' and what not. AHAHAHAHAHAAHAH you guys think im soooooo dumb. i know that act. so get over it. love sydney.

(PS-i LOVE adoption blogs! especially Shana's AHAH. ok byee people!)

Susan said...

Aw, c'mon, girl...how could this wait NOT be making you crazy??

About blogging...it's putting your own thoughts down in your personal cyberjournal. If others are interested enough to read it (and in your case, many are!), that's up to them. If it strikes YOU as lame, why not take that as motivation to change something!

Jocelyn said...

You are not lame...end of story:-)

Joanne said...

Definetly not lame!! As everyone has been saying, this blog is about your journey and being annoyed and frustrated is part of it!
I wanted to add to Joann, from NJ's comment: read books - I read soooooooooo many books about adoption, bonding, attachment, etc. Now, I am starting a "library" of books for Mia and they all have to do with China (my favorite so far, Snowflower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See - GREAT!!!