Sunday, March 30, 2008

Aunt Wendi and Addie take Manhattan

Addie wanted to go to the American Girl store so much. Addie and mommy were scheduled to come in on Friday and the plan was we were all going to go into the city and have a playdate at the store. Poor Lori has a broken toe which won't heal because Lori won't stay off of it...so walking around the city would be not in her plans. We couldn't disappoint Addie...it was all she was looking forward to during Spring break...so, Aunt Wendi went down, brought her up ...and tothe American Girl Store we went. What a day...four and half hours there...we took a lunch break..but we had to wait for her doll Rebecca to visit the Hair Salon. Two hours and $10 later, the doll's hair was brushed out, nice and straight ...five minutes and one NYC breeze later it was back to looking the same...but who cares..Addie had fun!!! We came home and pulled out the hairkit we bought her as well as the new outfit...we had a ball and suddenly although she wouldn't talk to Joe for the first half hour..she decided to do his hair too. See picture below. Too cute....I loved hanging with her...so much fun....she let me "play" her mommy and I loved every minute of it. Lori, Gregg and Syd just came up to retrieve her..but thanks for letting me borrow Addie...she is the bestest!!! xoox

PS Anonnie is back and met her daughter!!!!

7 comments:

Daniella said...

love A.G. my niece loved her dolls. Sounds like u had a great weekend. we r still away - back tmrw. lets catch up. oh, tell joe, great pic :)

Susan said...

Too cute - and it seems Joe's quite a sport!

Sounds like a great day. Next time, I'm in!

Jocelyn said...

I am glad you had so much fun!! The American Girl store is something...isn't it:-) Tell Joe that he looks fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

Hey there. Wanted to touch base with you. Sorry I have been MIA. I'm back from my "referral trip" to Russia. I saw my girl. I don't want to bring any pain to you and those others who are still waiting, so I will not elaborate. Suffice to say - I am madly in love, and best of all - she's doing really well and is healthy. Now I wait (again) for my court date. It's all inexplicable. I do think of you often, and needless to say - I can't wait to open your blog and hear that you too are one step closer to your dream. It's an amazing dream.... My best to you-
Your Anonnie.

Email Marketing Yenta said...

Anonnie!!! Welcome back!!! Are you kidding! Elaborate away...it gives us all hope...so glad to hear you are back...my niece Syd swore to me that she was you...but I don't believe her!!! Give us details!!! I am so happy for you!!!!

LJC said...

welcome back Anonnie! We need you to have your own blog:)

Susan said...

Not to jump on the hijacking bandwagon (well, ok, here I leap!), but Anonnie - as a relatively new "Russian" mama, I'm dying to know what region! And, of course, all the other stuff about your little girl that everyone else wants to know, too. Whenever you're ready to tell, inquiring minds.... ;-)