Tuesday, March 04, 2008

I am loving Anonnie

If you have been reading my blog the last few weeks, you have read all about Anonnie. (See comments) I am not even sure that Anonnie is a real person..she is an angel...and seems to always say just what I need to hear...If you read my hormonally charged post below, you read that I've felt somewhat neglected. I know it sounds childish and selfish, but one of the best parts of being an expectant parent is the journey leading up to the birth of the baby. Unfortunetly, for those of us on the Adoption rollercoaster, it seems those rules don't apply. And I'm not talking about participating in cyber showers or secret pal clubs. I'm talking about the general world outside of US. Those that seem to have taken the fact that we too are expecting, for granted. I don't care if it takes 9 months or 9 years. This pregnancy and my child will mean just as much as the one that takes place biologically. Anyway, I digress. Anonnie asked me a bunch of those questions I've been aching to answer...thank you my friend. And not that anyone but me really cares, I'll answer them. Feel free to answer these wonderful questions on your blog too. Remember, you are having a baby!!!!
How did you pick the name Lia-Rose? : I was in the bath one day. Originally L-R's name was going to be Sophie Rose. But one day I was in the bath, my eyes closed and it came to me. As clear as day...Lia-Rose.Lia-Rose would be the perfect way to remember my sister in law Liz and my grandmother Rose Leah. It was beyond perfect for us. And it felt right.
Will your daughter be named after anyone special? See above
How are you going to celebrate when your daughter finally comes? Are you having a baby naming ceremony? What would you like it to be like? It is funny you ask this. This upcoming weekend is my nieces' Bat Mitzvah. Lori and I knew that family would be in town this weekend, and originally had been preparing that this weekend would have also served as Lia-Rose's entry into the family. In my mind my stepkids would have been here and we would have done the baby naming this Friday night....oh well. So, the new plan would be that I'd love to do a Baby naming ...at the synagouge where I was Bat Mitzvahed. My uncle is very active there and I know he would make sure it happened. Then I'd love two parties..one down in Philly where my family is and a big old New York party for my friends here! Oh I'm getting excited now! I'd probably rent out the club house of our condo and do a party during the summer months when the kids can go swimming too!

Besides health, what are the biggest hopes you have for your daughter’s future? I want Lia-Rose to believe that anything is possible. That she can be whoever she wants to be. I want her to travel. To spend summers exploring different cities and countries. I want her to have friends from all different backgrounds. I want her to be secure and be proud of who she is. I want her to just be. To always live in the moment and be happy ....

How do you feel about that whole movement where the baby sleeps in the bed with the parents? I am not sure. I know my natural incliniation will be to grab and and cuddle her all nite. But I also realize that that this may not be the best way to build security in a child. Sometimes letting them cry it out on their own will make them less dependent. But, what do I know. My 45 pound doggie sleeps in bed with us everynight and I wouldn't dare kick her out.

Are you going to let your daughter cry for a while in the other room – or pick her up immediately when you hear her weepy? Well, I sort of answered this above. I know it is going to be hard for me not to run to her. I don't want to over-do anything with her. I want her to grow up being secure. She will know that we are there for her. But she will also learn to handle things on her own.Again, what the hell do I know?

What’s the first trip you want to take your daughter on?
Australia...to meet her family there!

What three books are important for you to share with your daughter? Great great question..not sure how to answer. There are a few beautiful children's books about adoption that I can't wait to read to her. I also want to share with her some of my favorites as I grew up..Little Women, Are YOu there God it's me....but as an adult, there is a book of prayers that is so special to me. It's call the Illuminata by Marianne Williamson. I open it everyday and pick a prayer to read. There are ones for happiness, depression, sickness, health, even for love and partnership and work. I love this book. Our wedding cermoney came from here. I can't wait to give this book to Lia-Rose when she will be old enough to appreciate it.

What do you want your daughter to call your parents and sister? (Granny? Nana? Grandma? Poppy? Gramps? Grandpa? Auntie?)
Definently Grandmom and Granddad...and Auntie Lori!!! Lori will be an Auntie!!!!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love the Q&A and will be thinking of more questions to ask you. OMG, Are you there God, it's me Margaret!!!!! Love, love, love that book! Brought back lots of memories.

xoxoxo

LJC said...

Anonnie should have a blog. Annonie, why don't you have a blog. I love Annonie.

Btw, we had dinner the other night, and I was telling the girls about Annonie.

"Mom", Sydney said sheepishly, "I have a confession to make...I'm Annonie".

'No your not!" I said. "You couldn't be"

And then she went on to convince me that she was. She almost had me completely hooked, and then she admitted that she was teasing.

I was so relieved. I need Annonie to be a real live person.

Anyway, I loved this post, you are going to be the BEST mother.

I'm going to be an AUNTIE!!!

Daniella said...

Great questions and answers. Love Judy Blume. You know she has an adult book out summer sisters (or soemthing like that) - it was good. Love Annonie too - she should let us in on who she is so we can follow her journey as well. Congratulations Annonie - Maybe we know each other - I'm originally from Westchester County - Pleasantville.

Anonymous said...

Wendi, I am so, so happy that I was able to give you what you needed with these questions. Even if it was the cause for sobs… I know that they were sobs of joy.

I feel honored to be a title in your blog! And, I find it so sweet that Lori’s daughter teased her and said she was “Anonnie”. What an adorable thing to do.

For those who doubt it… “Anonnie” is indeed a real person. As I written to Wendi, I am feverishly working on my own paper chase, having received my referral notification on Feb 25th. Yes, a week ago. I will reach out to Wendi directly when I come up for air.

In the interim, I just wanted to pop my face up (well, not my face, but my thoughts) and let Wendi know that there’s a stranger out there thinking of her. Wonderful, wonderful detailed responses to my questions. I hope answering them gave you the outlet you needed. It is clear you have so many people who care and will always want to know your deepest and even your silliest hopes for your daughter. That’s what friends, and family are for. Will be in touch soon.

Forever,
Your Anonnie

Jocelyn said...

I love Anonnie...and great answers to great questions!!

Susan said...

I love that somewhere in Westchester there's an otherwise normal gal who suddenly has an indelible cute nickname and a fan club!

You totally deserve it, though...what a great and supportive, if anonymous, friend! Love the Q's & A's. Best of luck, and please keep us updated on your referral!

Joanne said...

You are going to be a great mom :)