Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Your prayers please

Tonite I ask all my friends in blogger land to say a prayer for someone who I love so much. My dear Uncle Max is very very ill. Uncle Max is actually my second cousin. I grew up knowing him as Uncle and at times I was closer to him then some of my "real" Uncles. He lives in DC with my Aunt Reeva. The two of them are truly two of my favorite people in the whole wide world. I have memories of being with them growing up. The Jewish holidays spent with the them in DC. Family events. And then finally as an adult, hanging with them and drinking Manhattans in Manhattan. They are so dear to me. I feel so close to them. I adore them both. They were thrilled when I married Joe. In fact they flew up here on the Shuttle to be with me. A memory I will never ever forget. When I told them about Lia-Rose, they were thrilled. They knew how much I wanted to be a mommy. Fast forward to today. Uncle is not doing well. He has a high fever, infections and pneumonia. He needs your prayers. When I saw him in July he was driving! We had dinner and he was telling me how much he loved his wife. He was running to the supermarket everyday. Doing errands. He was still trying to live his life. Uncle Max was a brilliant attorney in his day. He traveled the world and was active in his Temple.

He has a smile that lights up a room. A glimmer in his eye when he "kibbutzes" with you. Uncle Max, I love you. I want you to get better and live to see my daughter come home from China. I love you from the bottom of my heart. Please rest tonite and may tomorrow bring you health and strength. Please, say a prayer for my Uncle. For my dear Uncle Max.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Consider it done. Jason and I will pray very hard for Uncle Max and keep all of you in our thoughts.

xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Prayer said.

Anonymous said...

In my thoughts and prayers.
xoxo

Susan said...

Uncle Max sounds wonderfully special to you.

You know you can count on the prayers...

Anonymous said...

Prayers comming your families way..

kitchu said...

I'm so sorry your Uncle Max is ill... I am definitely praying for him. Keep us posted.

Daniella said...

Praying for your Uncle and your family at this time. So sorry - he sounds wonderful! Call me if you can....
thinking of you
xoxo