Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007


 

Happy Thanksgiving to you my dear friends. Some who I have never met, but feel like I know so much about through the generous words you share. And others, who I know "in person" and I thank you for your undying love and support.


 

Having gratitude and counting your blessings is truly away to stay positive and to keep affirming that beautiful energy. What a better time to remember what you are thankful for then Thanksgiving. In no particular order, I would like to list some of what this gal is thankful for this year.

I am thankful for having a man like Max Goldberg in my life. I am blessed that for over 40 years I have called this man my "Uncle" and every single time I was with him, he brought only joy and love to my life. I am thankful that he didn't suffer in his final hours and that he had some of his children by his side when he passed. I love you my Uncle Max.

I am thankful that I have two incredible parents, Joyce and Aaron, who today are celebrating 48 years of marriage! I am grateful for everything you have done for me and the love and concern you continue to share. I am thankful for having a daddy who knows how to use a cell phone and a mommy who still likes to talk to me every day. I am beyond thankful that I still have my mommy and daddy.

I am thankful for a husband who is the hardest worker I know. Who has sacrificed things in his life to be able to make a family with me. A husband who loves his children Adam and Annie so much and has room in his heart to love our daughter Lia-Rose. I am thankful for two great stepchildren who are open and honest with our circumstances and I'm so thankful that Joe can be with them this holiday season. I am also very proud of my stepson who in a few weeks time will have finished his four year training program and at 21 years old will have his "papers" and be certified in his auto mechanics.

I am thankful for an incredible sister and brother-in-law who love us unconditionally. I am thankful for three beautiful nieces, who are really coming into their own. I am thankful for a Bat Mitzvah celebration to look forward to in a few short months. I love you Sydney, Hayley and Addie

I am thankful that this morning Joe and I worked out at the gym. A year ago, my husband was having his hip replaced, this morning, he was working out. I am so thankful he is out of pain and can start working out again.

I am thankful for great friends I have made through this process—and you know who you are!!!

I am thankful for having a career that is going to blossom very soon…..more to come!

I am thankful for the health that I have been blessed with…and more importantly, my families' health.

I am thankful for all the new families that were formed and are being formed this year…Ann Marie, Zach and the most famous Czar of all time, Alexander; my dear friend Alysa who is expecting in a few weeks a (the very boring get fat way (Smile)); "my friend Susan "who will be on her way to Russia in two weeks!!!!; and little Miss Stephanie who is getting the phone call to change her life any minute now! I am so thankful and excited for all of you!

I am thankful for my perfect doggie-Molly Carroll

I am thankful for the 27th of each month when I can say, another month down in our wait for Lia-Rose.

And now, on a much lighter note----I continue…..


 

I am so thankful for seeing Kate in May after she had lost 15 pounds. Her new body, blew me away, and the fact that she was the same age as I am. If it wasn't for feeling so fat that day and seeing her at the same time…I wouldn't have lost all the weight I have (25 to 26 pounds)! Thank you Nutri-System.

I am thankful for the great new clothes "I just had to get!"

I am thankful for the elliptical machine at the gym positioned far from the air conditioner vent

I am thankful for 100 calorie Yoplait yogurt-Apple Turnover

I am thankful for the new Farmer's Market that opened in town-great fruit

I am thankful that in just a little over a year we will have a new President and the 'Weapons of Mass Destruction in Washington DC will head back to Texas. See ya!

I am thankful for Carrie, Miranda, Samantha and Charlotte's return to the streets of NYC. I can't wait till May when the movie opens!

I am thankful for the sale at Kenneth Cole and my great new boots.

I am thankful for George Clooney and Patrick Dempsey and the guy from Law and Order, Chris Melioto or something like that, and the fact that men my age are still really handsome.

I am thankful we aren't sure if Tony Soprano died or not, that would have actually been really sad to think of him as dead

I am thankful for Simon Cowell and another year of American Idol to gab about with my sister.

I am thankful for Dunkin Donuts and Bagel Buffet Iced Decaf coffee


 

And, of course finally…..and I scream it out to the world…I am thankful for the strength I have found that helps me endure the challenges, the ups and downs of this roller coaster ride we call International Adoption.

Lia-Rose, I am thankful for the idea, the thought and the reality of you , my daughter!


 

Happy Thanksgiving to you all…let's go eat Turkey!


 

4 comments:

Julie and Steve said...

NICE! I just posted a similar entry on my site. We are both thankful for our "Lia's" :) Have a great holiday!

- OLM

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for you too, Wendi! I am thankful for the accidental connection we made - who knew a routine "is my work ready" phone call could change two people forever.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

This is the first time that I have seen your site and see plenty of Aussie stuff on there... I am an Aussie living down south in Florida... a homesick girl a long, long way from home... we are heading back in January and so I am looking forward to that... I see you are talking about Perth, WA... my sister lives there... take care... Felicity

Anonymous said...

We have to be a thousand times thankful for the gift of life in any fashion it comes to us. A child is a beautiful miraclous gift for all parents, both adopted and natural. There trully is not a more special gift, and for that we are all thankful or in sweet anticipation.