Friday, November 16, 2007

the cycle of our lives

I am so sad. I mean walkin around and trying not to cry sad. My uncle, my dear, sweet wonderfully special Max is on his deathbed. We await the call and are just about on our way there. He is passing, passing on to a place where he can rest. Where his soul will shine on forever. Oh Lia-Rose. I am thinking so much about you now. Trying to stay focused on our future but so very sad that Max will never see me as a mother and you will never meet him. His leaving us is hitting me hard. A smart older friend of my says she keeps her emotions in check because it is what happens in life. I can not accept that at face value. I understand that people age and then die, but that natural cycle still makes me sad. It makes angry. I do not want to lose anyone I love. Perhaps this adoption situation makes these life-cycle events have more significance. You want everyone to mmet your child, you see the months fly by and the so many that you love begin to age. You worry. You slowly move out of the middle generation into the older. You still are not a parent. Life is moving at lightening speed and you are just no closer. So I will mourn this loss. I will pray that in the next few hours he can peacefully pass on. He can rest an exhale. The beautiful news is that I know there will be one more angel in heaven soon. One more spirit for me to pray to. And I know he will join both Joe and my loved ones watching over my family here and in Australia and England. And of course, our baby in China. Be at peace Max.

I found this picture. This was on the morning of my wedding. It was a wet dreary day and Uncle Max and Aunt Reeva flew in from DC. They arrived early and as I was leaving the hotel...look who I saw...My Uncle Max. I was completely overwhelmed to see him. This photo caught that feeling that I had.




Aunt Reeva and Uncle Max at my wedding! Such a happy day!

7 comments:

Daniella said...

I am so sorry- I've been thinking of you all day. I feel like you do about loosing someone we love - I know it's part of the life cycle but it still just plain stinks. What beautiful pictures and memories you will always have!! I will try to call you but understand if you can't talk :) hugs and I am thinking and praying for your family tonight.

Anonymous said...

Oh Wendi...

Stephanie said...

I am so sorry to hear this, Wendi. I wish I had the right words to say to you to make your pain go away. I know that you will never let the memories of your Uncle Max fade and that Lia-Rose will know him through those memories of yours.

And you, my dear, were a drop-dead gorgeous bride. Those pictures are beautiful.

xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Wendi,

I am so sorry to hear about your Uncle Max. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Beth

Susan said...

Hey, sweetie - I tried calling you last nite, but totally understand if you're not up for talking right now.

I'm so sorry about your uncle. And yes, you can be sure your dear uncle Max will be watching over Lia-Rose until she's here with you....

I also have to second Stephanie about you looking stunning in those wedding pics.

Julie and Steve said...

Those pictures are great - I bet you are so happy you captured those moments on film! I'm praying that Max's transition to the other side is smooth and without pain. He will be with you always in spirit, just as your baby girl is already now.

- OLM

JoAnn in NJ said...

Hi Wendi,
So sorry to hear that Uncle Max is so sick.

I will say a special prayer for him and you.

Take care and be strong.