Monday, November 26, 2007

Sad but joyous goodbyes

Written November 25, 2007

We said goodbye today to my Uncle Max. The Temple overflowed with mourners. He was so loved by all. There were glowing stories told and memories replayed by all. It was certainly a walk down memory lane and reconfirmed to me how blessed I am with such a large very extended family. So many are very accomplished and educated. Very dedicated to their faith and values.

I have cried so many tears today. I cried for the loss of Max. I cried for my past and I cried for the future. As we drive home now in bumper to bumper Thanksgiving traffic, I look over at my hubby, who had been driving for hours now. I am so lucky to have him in my life. He is my home. He is my family.

Someone hugged me after the burial and said "so many memories. So much history." I suppose that life is all about creating that history, those memories that future generations will share. Now I do that with Joe. For you Lia and our family. For Adam and Annie, for your cousins Hayley-Sydney and Addie.

And a personal apology to Alysa. I am sorry about the change in plans. Just some major family obligation and all that. Xo

1 comment:

kitchu said...

What a beautiful post. I'm so sorry about your uncle, but it sounds like you have many wonderful memories to hold you through this difficult time.