Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Some updated information

I emailed my agency director today to get her take on the whole waiting game here. I've posted some of the highlights....
Hi Wendy: Good hearing from you. I share your angst. We all wish there was more information to share, but unfortunately there just isn't much new. The process moves forward ever so slowly at the moment. My feeling is with the current longer waits, less people will apply and soon the waiting time will decrease because there are fewer dossier. Maybe this is just wishful thinking, but China has always had periods when the waits were unbearable but eventually it turns around because they delay the process and it discourages families from applying. I know alot of families that are looking into other options because they can't bear the length of time the process is currently taking in China. Do I thnk your wait will be 18 months, I certainly hope not, but I guess anything is possible. ..... so, not sure if this makes me feel better or worse....but I guess it's just knowing something that helps...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oye...

Daniella said...

Hey there
I was freaking out yesterday also about the wait time, new rules etc. Thanks for sharing the info you received from your agency. I'll be calling ours on Monday. Have a great weekend - we are off to decorate our boat to enter in a boat parade - very strange wearing shorts at Xmas time...
Daniella
LID 10/27/06

Anonymous said...

We heard it will be at at least 2 years for us. Sorry the news isnt good.