Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Just trying to think of some things to say

I'm feeling a bit removed as of late from feeling like this baby is really coming. So many of my fellow bloggers received a ton of Holiday presents for their babies who are waiting for them. I'm not complaining, as I once mentioned, that as a Jew, we really don't do the whole present thing until the baby arrives....but I feel sad about it. Tonite I read about a single mom who is Paper chasing who received a bunch of gifts for her daughter. Does her family believe more then we do? Or am I being silly? I did get a gift from my December Cyber Shower buddy....I'll tell you about them tomorrow, when we open them "officially". Joe gave me a small book, "Inspirations for Moms", so that counts as well...otherwise, I have been very busy playing mom to my stepchildren. It's been fun. I realize how it's a mom's job to do the wash, make sure the kids are fed (Joe has been most helpful here) and to do all the Christmas shopping...whether your stepson likes his gifts or not. Also, it's the mom who gives up the television when the rest of the family is watching the other sets. Additionally, I've learned that most kids would rather eat burgers and fries then taking them for nice dinners of steaks and lamb chops. I've also learned that it's truly a step-mom's business to spoil her step kids, including buying her gorgeous thirteen year old stepdaughter DKNY Jeans, Ugg Boots and a fancy manicure complete with nail tips and a french manicure. Oh to be a mommy! I can't wait!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooopps. I purposefully didn't get you presents for the baby, for the same reason I wouldn't throw you a baby shower, til after baby was born. It is a Jewish thing, and that's why. I am constantly holding myself back from getting you baby or mommy things just for that reason. Don't think that she was forgotton, by any of us. It is just our way. You know that. On the other hand, Addie just created her own blog, complete with a story about Lia Rose...
www.storiesbyaddison.blogspot.com

Email Marketing Yenta said...

Oh Lori, I know exactly how you feel..pelase don't feel badly at all! Especially this year...next year u can buy....and I love Addie's blog!

Susan said...

Uggs, DKNY jeans, and nice mani? Can I be your stepdaughter? Puh-leeeeease??? :-)

Hey, I know how you feel about the gifts thing. Can I tell you how many times I've scouted Children's Place for things for my neice and nephew....but, y'know, not really for them?? Then I'll see the cutest little dress or jeans, but have to stop myself. I guess we Jews do have it so engrained in us that it's bad luck. Sooo...I put it back, and hope they'll have a fresh supply of cute little things when my "A"-baby arrives.

But hang in there, girl, and don't feel bad at all about back-burnering this emotionally. It's a long wait!

xo

Anonymous said...

Wendi, don't fret and do know that baby Lia Rose will get her share (plus, plus, plus) of gifts once she's here and in your(and our)arms. When I was pregnant with you and your sister the rule was the baby furniture could be CHOOSEN, but not delivered to the house until you arrived and were on the way home!! that rule applied to the layette and any and everything applying to the baby. So be happy we are doing this grandmom Rose's way. That's what she would have wanted.

Love your mom