Sunday, December 17, 2006

Her brother and sister

Well, we finally told Adam and Annie about Lia Rose. I think Joe was really nervous, and I understand why. The kids arrived yesterday afternoon from Aussie. First off, they are awesome. Annie is thirteen, but looks like she is 20. She is fantastically beautiful. Adam is almost 20 and has really matured. I am really enjoying his company. He even told us that he would like to work here for a year. He will be completely trained in Auto Mechanics in a year! I'd love to have him do that...and glad that he is open to it. I'd be so excited!!! Anyway, Joe didn't want to tell them the day of their arrival. He thought it would be too much. I was bursting with the news. And, really had a hard time not talking about it...but I had to be considerate. Finally, this afternoon, I said, Joe it's time. He said go ahead. I called them into the living room and said Adam and Annie I have some really great news for you, you are going to be shocked, so here it is..before I said it, Adam asked if I was pregnant...I said, no but close, we are adopting a baby We went on (mainly me) to tell them all about the adoption, why China and how having this baby for us means "completes the circle". Adam looked like he was in shock, and I understand. I told him that I really need her to have a big brother. He said he would be glad to do it, except when she gets in High School :) we hugged....Annie was thrilled! She was in shock, and ran over to Joe and hugged her daddy and then we hugged. I gave her the Mei Mei book, with photos of the adoption. Tonite, I gave her a lady bug bracelet. They loved the name, and why we named her Lia. And all and all I think they are really happy for us all. It will take time, and I can't expect them to be all into it ....I told them that we have a year and half to get used to the idea....and how much I'd love them to be with us when we go to China. As the weeks go on, while Annie's here, I'll fill her in on more. But for right now....let the information sink in. I am so glad they know now, and that my Lia has them.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wendi, Well done! It sounds as though it went a lot smoother than you expected...with such a big age difference, these big kids will be almost like aunt & uncle, but that is a fun relationship too (as you well know) What a relief! Now you can just enjoy their visit. Try not to talk TOO much about Lia, make the holiday visit about THEM, I think you had that in mind. Enjoy.

Daniella said...

Great Wendi - I'm glad it went well. Enjoy your visit with them
Daniella
www.kowalskijourney.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Good luck!! I love the name Lia. One of our dogs is named Lia, I wish we had saved it for a daughter though, but when we got her, we didn't think we would be having a family.