Monday, May 12, 2008

Hundreds of miles away, yet deeply in our hearts.

A powerful earthquake today killed at least 107 people in central China, state run media reported. The quake also buried nearly 900 students, according to the Xinhua news agency. The report had no other details on the fate of the children. developing story From CNN.com

Wow...what a world. My heart is aching tonight. Our babies. Did they feel the tremors? Did someone hold them? Did they survive? It's so scary. 10,000 dead. 10,000 injured. The massive tremor was felt hundreds of miles away. My Agency has families there ....I have been communicating with one of them. Received an email yesterday in fact. They are o'k. 900 teenage girls buried. This was the strongest quake that China ever felt. China has been very open about scope of this quake, which is different then they were years ago during their last quake. No word on the pandas. 80% of the world's Pandas are there. Families sleeping outside. Usually when far away event occur, you listen. You feel bad. This is different. Our babies are there. My Lia-Rose. My friends Paul and Denise, their recent referral, Olivia. I pray someone was holding her if she felt the quake. Up and down the roads people are sleeping outside. Anxiety abounds. My China family. The family that gave life to Lia-Rose, I pray you are all o'k.

3 comments:

Daniella said...

I just read this - horrible. This is awful.

Susan said...

Of course, I immediately thought of you, and everyone else whose hearts are in China, when I saw this on CNN this morning. How tragic.

(And in a week where we're already processing the Myanmar and midwest disasters. Wow)

Jocelyn said...

I also thought of you and Lia-Rose today when I heard about this. This is so sad.