Wednesday, May 28, 2008

AMAZING


It was a fantastic and incredible night. Lori and I both had a ball! Where do we start? Lori arrived at about 1...we ran out and did the big hair blow-out..came home changed and headed into the city. I live so close, but was scared with rain due and looming traffic..I didn't want to get caught. We got in early early..and were in the Will call line about two hours early. We put our time to good use and got to know the security guards who made sure we were #1 and #2 in line and also chatted it up with two other sisters..the assistant costume designer's sisters. We were about 20 feet away from the Red Carpet..I mean the Pink carpet...so we could see the crowds and photographers. After getting our tickets we went in and grabbed a box of free popcorn and Pink Vitamin Water...we then showed the usher our tickets and she informed us that we were in the same row, but on completely different sides of the hall. UGH. I walked Lori to her seat and promised to sit with her until the movie started...but, yeah, my friend arrived and we realized that the whole row was made up of people from the same group and two had cancelled. Perfect! I stayed. Anyway,we watched large big screens that were set up broadcast the happenings on the red carpet...we saw Donald Trump, Fergie, Nicki Hilton, Jennifer Gardner, Bette Midler, Ashley (or MaryKate) Olson, Mario Cantone, Willie Garson, Chris Noth, Cynthia Nixon and Carrie..I mean Sarah Jessica arrive....then they hit the lights and the President of New Line Cinema game out. It was all a fundraiser for the Fund For Public Schools, so that crew came out and introduced their organization...then brought on the writer, and Executive Director...Michael Patrick King, who's assistant is the reason we were there. He introduced them all....they were all in the Audience...we saw them from a far...there were over 5000 there...then the girls came out...they are beautiful...gorgeous...all looked fantastic. Sarah spoke..and then ...we heard it..that familiar soundtrack...that voice..."My Name is Carrie Bradshaw"...goosebumps.

WE LOVED THE MOVIE. It was a fan's dream. No spoilers...but I have to say..we all know that Charlotte adopted a beautiful Chinese girl...Lily...seeing her...made us cry. ...there is one other significant goose bump thing about Charlotte's family...but I will leave it at that...I'll say it after it opens.

It's fun..we cried..we laughed..we cried again. I LOVED IT SO. Afterwards, we went back out as the place emptied...we ran into my old friend Mario Cantone, who of course plays the wedding planner..Lori screamed his name. He looked up and said like we were in the grocery store "Oh hi Wendi"...then we were inches from Jerry Seinfeld. Lori took several pictures, and I swear to you that he gave her the dirty eye.

It was a great night. I loved that my sister was with me. That was the best part of the night for me. She lost my umbrella and her shoes...but we had the bestest time....now go see the movie...so we can talk. My hair looked better it does HERE..it was humid out!

5 comments:

KJ said...

WOW WOW WOW! Just read Lori's post too! What a night ... you totally deserve to have seen the movie this way! Im jelly - of course ... but happy to get to live it vicariously and thru reading the posts. Going on Saturday - no spoilers until then!
xoxox

Anonymous said...

Oh my G-d. Did you guys read the New York Post's Page Six today? It talked about how Jerry and Jessica Seinfeld were complaining about stalkers taking their pictures last night. JUST KIDDING! Thanks so much for the play-by-play. I'm a bit confused as to how/why Lori lost her shoes, but I'm sure that's another story for another day. I'll give you my update after Friday when I have the chance to catch up wti the "girls". So glad you had a great time. Best, Anonnie

LJC said...

Annonie totally got me for a minute!!! LOL!

Jocelyn said...

I am so excited that you had such a great time...and so jealous that you saw Bette Midler (yes, I love her)!!!

Susan said...

I'm with Anonnie...what's up with Lori losing her shoes??