Monday, May 26, 2008

A few things

Hi all. Happy Memorial Day! Another kick-off to summer. This time, the weather is fanastic. Just came in from a long walk, and told my husband that no matter how many times I might say I want to move, I really don't. It's so pretty here. We live on the river, nestled in little inlets. Yes, it's also true that I leave a few miles from the Lincoln Tunnel. And the City.
But for a minute, you forget, you look around and see the river, the paths, the pool, the park, the tennis court and you think you are miles away on vacation. I am very grateful for that. Oh is Lia-Rose going to love it here! Joe always says it will be so safe for her to play and for us to take strolls along the paths. Needless to say, I can't wait.

We had a very nice weekend filled with family, friends and food. My folks just left and we spent two days together. Yesterday we went to Ellis Island, which was certainly adventure. Very emotional to think that so many people came through those doors. In fact, many of my family.



We had two great dinners...one night in the City with our friend Gary and last night our friends Chris and Tim joined us. We are stuffed. For some reason, when we all get together, we eat!




And, a happy happy birthday to the sweetest friend around...my little KJO!!! She been such a great great friend. Through so many big things in my life. I love her and wish her the happiest day. I LOVE YOU LITTLE KJO!

Oh, is there anything else to talk about...not really sure...hmmm, let me think...oh yeah, I am going to a small little thing tomorrow...I AM GOING! Lori and I are set to get on that red carpet and join Carrie, Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte...I'm wearing understated City Chic...I think I made that up..a really trendy Anne Klein suit with very high strappy sandals...not over done...but I will feel perfect. And, no spoilers here..we won't talk much about the movie beyond what is out there publically. So no need to worry. Did I mention, so excited!!!!


3 comments:

Daniella said...

It is so pretty where you live. Souns like a fun weekend with family and friends. Happy Birthday KJO and have I mentioned how freakin jealous I am. You better call me Wednesday and tell me the details - not the movie details the other details. Take pictures.

Jocelyn said...

Have so much fun tomorrow!!! I can't wait to hear every detail!!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time tomorrow night with Lori, Carrie, Miranda, Samantha, Charlotte and... Big. I'll be thinking of you - and avoiding your blog for fear that you can't keep your promise to omit spoilers... tee hee. We'll connect soon - Take care - Anonnie