Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Yes we can!

Finishing up my training in Boston. So excited about my new job...and I have entered the modern ages and now am becoming officially an
Email Marketing expert. It's so very cool. Really nice people, I am so lucky. I told my boss about the adoption and she was so happy for me. I was worried. I don't know. I am just starting a new job and who knows, I will need a maternity leave someday soon. But, she couldn't be happier and even agreed that the flexiblity of this new position will be really helpful as a new mommy! I am trully blessed with such a supportive company and boss. She is fabulous.

Watching the Democratic convention all week. Michelle Obama, who I hadn't really connected with, was incredible. Hilary Clinton, who I have always loved, was fantastic. And Bill...he was my old Bill again. There are a few Clinton haters I know who are reading this. I mean Democratic Clinton haters...it's time for us all to move on. Stop blaming the Clintons and move on. They were sincere, they were real, they were fantastic. We had two great choices. Do I belive one is a better more experienced leader then the other? Yes. But we move on.

Anyway, how fantastic to know that my daughter. My daughter who will be of another race, will know that here in America, a man of color finally has the same opportunity as white men have had forever. YES WE CAN. We can change the world! We can show children that they really don't have to be limited by race or color. This is so exciting to me and the most important Presidential campaign of my lifetime. Yes we can! For you Lia-Rose. For you!


HOLY COW! I just realized...today marks 22 months...22 frigging months since our dossier was logged into China. 23 months since it was sent. Unreal.

No comments: