Friday, August 01, 2008

I am back

In a different way. Welcome to my private world. It took a while to make this private, the cutting and pasting of email addresses. Oy. Anyway, first things first, why I took this blog private. I have a new job! On 8/10 I start a very cool job with Con-t Contac. (spelled wrong on purpose...I am so paranoid) I will be the Regional Development Director for NYC and the company will be marketing me to the general public. I will in a sense become the public face for the company here and it started making me nervous that my name (and face-I'll have my very own website with the company) would be out there...I'll be doing a lot of public events and workshops, speaking and training. This blog is too personal and my baby is too important to be just out there. And with my name being out there more, I didn't want to take a chance. So that is it. Several friends-and you know who you are, thought maybe it was some other great reason...but no.

I think the intention of my blog changed. I want to get back to when this was about Lia-Rose. A journal for her to follow one day. I want to keep it true to that.

Anyway, I don't even know where to start. It's been a really busy time. A crazy journey. I had a big dissappointment with work, but the Universe takes care of me.I was able to find this new position. One of the key things I needed from my work is the ability to work from home....and bingo, my new office is based at home. The work will be challenging and fun, and I'm thrilled.

My stepdaughter and her BFF were here for three weeks. It was great fun. I loved playing mom..although being a mom to two 15 years old can be challenging...but, I know Annie is reading this, and we both can say....we had a great time. I need to definetly get back to my good eating plans. Annie always seems to inspire lots of french fry and chicken fingers eating. It was so much fun!

So, nothing is really happening on the adoption front for me. But some great stuff for my friends. Paul and Denice returned home with Olivia. I won't mention yet, but my other really close friends have accepted a Waiting Child referral. My Anonnie also is headed to her baby girl very soon....things are moving forward.

Now, please a rule here. I don' want any comments that say..."it's going to happen etc." Not now. I am sorry, those comments make me nausous. Two years ago almost I started this blog. And two years later, we are really not that much closer. So please, I really do not want to hear anything like that. I know what the reality is...and I am definetly sure that this will happen. It is just to fluffy for me now....o'k?

I have a very close friend who is reading this blog. I won't get into details, but this person is truly amazing. Her family is facing a very challenging situation. Her spirit, strength and positive vibe simply amaze me. I am beyond proud of you. And you are teaching me about what being a mother is all about.

I love you all...and am glad to be back blogging....keep checking in. There are some great people reading this. Introduce yourself. It's a small Lia-Rose community here...so thank you for your support and love.

6 comments:

Doug and Terrye said...

Thank you for the invite! I look forward to reading of your journey.

Terrye in FL

Stephanie said...

Ok, when you settle down a smidge, please call me. I am so happy for you and your new endeavor. I need to hear your voice. Oh, and have I got something to tell you about Ginger! Oy.

Unknown said...

Wendi, Congrats on the new challenge! I love that about you, always reaching for the BEST in life. Guess what? I accepted a new challenge/job too! Begin end Aug, more later.
Thanks for including me in your private journey.

Joanne said...

Thanks for "letting me " into your world! Your new position sounds very exciting and it is wonderful that you can work from home!!

KJ said...

i am so happy for you about the new job! you are going to be amazing ... bc you ARE amazing! and im SO glad you are back blogging. i missed my daily doses of Wendi. made me truly feel the 3000 miles we are apart.

JoAnn in NJ said...

Thanks for the invitation to keep you company on your voyage to Lia.

Congrats on the new job! I am so envious that you're working from home - huzzah!