Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Tick tock

Looking at my little ticker above I see that it's three more days till the Bejing Olympics begin. Amazing. I remember thinking how far off '08 was and the first time I saw a bus billboard in Manhattan promoting "Visit China '08" and thought wow, I will probably be visiting China in '08. It's time. Yes time, that moves quicker then you can imagine. The summer is almost over. Fall is upon us. My daddy turns 80 in a week and half. My niece Addie will be in second grade. Joe and I married over 5 years. Annie and Adam my stepchildren, one an adult- the other looking like an adult. Hayley my niece entering High School, Syd in her last year at Middle School. It moves quickly.

Last night before I fell asleep I was snuggling my hubby. He was snorning away and I a huge memory of when we had been parted by Immmigration. As you know (or maybe not) Joe is Australian and in order for us to marry and for him to legally be in this country we had to go through the Immigration process. We actually were apart for over six months as we sorted through paperwork and the process. It felt so long. It felt like it would never end.

Time, isnt' it funny that the same 60 minutes can either be so drainingly slow or fanatasticly fast.

I dont' know what the end of the Olympics will bring to us Waiting Families. It does mark the passage of time...and hopefully, will mark a speed up. But wouldn't it be nice to be able to speed up ...but stay young and healthy and exactly how I am at this moment. We shall see..

No comments: