Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Oy, it ain’t easy

No one said life was just ice cream and apple pie. It's tough and it's challenging. I am in an interesting place. Put it this way, you know that expression are you having fun yet…well I am not. And truly, things are not THAT bad, they just aren't what I want them to be. So much of it is out of my control. Some of it I can control. I am tired and working hard. Trying to resolve some professional issues that have left me feeling disappointed yet inspired. Personally, I just cannot seem to relax. The adoption seems so unreal now. I guess I need to be in the place to get to the other side.. Please don't think I am feeling sorry for myself. For I am not. Today I learned that someone I knew growing up passed away at the ripe old age of 45. That is a tragedy. For me, it's a moment of self reflection. A chance to challenge my fear. A time to appreciate, and know that change is on the way. I am not complaining. Rest in peace MW.

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I am sorry to hear about this. Your adoption is real...Lia is real and you are allowed to feel sorry for yourself:-) Hope that helped!!

LJC said...

I love you, da shish!!!

Anonymous said...

You know, we watched a family friend pass away at 43 a few years back. Her passing inspired us to consider adoption. Events like these always bring up new issues and reminders. Your adoption is real indeed, it just seems other issues are in the way right now...afterall, you know once you iron out your professional life, the adoption will kick in. That's what you intended and I have a feeling that's how it will be. Stay strong...and I completely forgot I owe you a logo.