Tuesday, June 03, 2008

A Moment for the History Books Lia-Rose


Tonight I sit before the television set watching a man of color, the same age as me, being nominated to be the Democratic nominee for President. Behind him, a room filled with people of all different colors, shapes and sizes. This is overwhelming. Senator Obama will be our nominee for President. Wow. I have tears flowing down my face. And not because Hillary lost, but because, right now, at this very moment so many lives will change. Children will see there are no limits to what you can do. It doesn't matter what color your skin is, or shape your eyes are, or what religion you are. You too can someday be President. I was on the fence about him. I was a Hillary person and in the end voted for him. I have to believe. I have to believe. THIS IS AMAZING. Maybe the world will see us differently now. Maybe people will look at each other differently now. Maybe Obama can really change the world….for you Lia-Rose .. for you Annie and Adam… for you Hayley, Syd and Addie. ..for you Miles and Alana and Hao and the Czar. For you Joseph and Mimi... For you Olivia, for you Mia, for you Pacey, for you sweet baby Vera... for you BabyAnonnie. For us all.

..."and this was the moment!"

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Thanks for such a great post. It is amazing isn't it!

Susan said...

Hear, hear, girl!!!!!!!

("BabyAnonnie"...I like that!)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I too loved the "BabyAnonnie" mentioning. Thanks so much. I'm off to BabyAnnonie land tomorrow for a quick visit. I'll be in touch when I return, after the weekend. Stay well - Anonnie

Unknown said...

What a beautiful post..

Thanks!

Joanne said...

Awww, thanks for mentioning my girl! Anything IS possible. . .