Thursday, June 12, 2008

Dear Hayley and Sydney,

My two oldest nieces, I miss you guys. Once upon a time, not so long ago, I was on the top of your BFF list. You called me first when something great happened. We spent hours gabbing on the phone. Now, you both are busy with school and a big social life. I am proud of you both, but my love for you is so big, and I have to say, I miss you! I hope you have a great summer at camp, and you better write.

At least Addie still digs me :)

Love you both,
Aunt Wendi aka Wendi

2 comments:

LJC said...

Dear Wendi,

Watching the girls growing up is so hard, isn't it? I want them to think I'm the best mommy, to still be their hero, to be flawless in their eyes. But they are growing up, and even the coolest aunt or the coolest mom in the world is going to be perceived as a "grown-up." They will always adore you, and treasure you, but they are also exploring beyond the smaller world we became comfortable with.

Just like it would really be unhealthy if our world was all about them, it would be equally unhealthy if their world were centered around us. (It would actually be kind of weird).

Rest assured, you are always special to them, and in fact so special, that your unconditional brand of love is so ingrained in their psyche, that they take it for granted.

Don't worry da shish, they love you too, and miss you.

BTW,at dinner tonight they said they feel like you never visit them anymore.

Anonymous said...

wendddd
dont worry.
really.
its been haard but it wont be forever.
i love you, forever.

-syd