Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sunday in bed


I am cold and tired. All in a good way. I am taking advantage of cancelled plans and freezing rain and staying in bed. With computer on my lap I type away, do work, browse the web, watch missed episodes of Ugly Betty (ABC streaming is very cool), check into everyone's blogs and am tempted to have a glass of wine. I need this day.


It feels like it has been a long year...and it has. A year filled with waiting, and waiting and can I say waiting again. I will say no more, but yesterday while waiting in line to checkout at a store....the line was wrapped around four times before you got to the cash registers...
I imagined the line to be the line we are in waiting for our referrals. I patiently and slowly moved. Along the way, I stopped, and talked to those in line with me. We commiserated, we were aggravated. In the first aisle I was optimistic and filled with hope that the line would move quickly. As I wrapped around the second aisle, I got angry and frustrated. When I hit the third aisle, I almost gave up, but was nudged by the lady in front of me ..to stick with it, I was almost there. I finally made it to the counter. Checked out quickly and then made my way into the rest of my day. The wait behind me, I felt happy and satisfied that my time waiting was well worth it.

3 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

That is exactly how I feel with the wait... just imagine that it is a LONG line in the supermarket... hang in there...

Joanne said...

Wow, very true! I know you will be happy and satisfied when your day comes...I pray its soon :)

Daniella said...

Great analogy! So jealous of your day in bed!!! Well, if it makes you feel better, it's cold here - high today was only 64 degrees. I'm freezing my butt off - I don't own closed toe shoes (besides sneakers) I almost bought Uggs today!!! It is nice to turn the A/C off and open the windows though :)