Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Happy Holidays and a breaking news bulletin



I had written the post below last nite, when I happily unplugged myself from cyber space. Of course, I still had my blackberry and thank god for that...my Rumor Princess herself, my BFF Daniella was stalking the internet late last night and this morning I found an an email from her ...to me and Audrey! We are OUT OF REVIEW!!!!!!!!

IT'S TRUE! The China Center of Adoption Affairs (CCAA) my fairy god mother, lists the following : The CCAA has finished the review of the adoption application documents registered with our office before October 31, 2006.

Someone in China read our Dossier. She or he read about how crazy I am ....to be a mother....she read how nuts Joe and I are about Lia-Rose. She read the story that my neice Sydney had written for me about Lia-Rose. Someone in China knows that Wendi, Joe, Adam, Annie, Joyce, Aaron, Lori, Gregg, Hayley, Sydney and Addison are anxiously awaiting our baby girl. Someone in China said, it's o'k...this woman is o'k to be a mommoy!!!!

Now does this make the wait any shorter...unfortuently NO. But, this was the last stop before the matcher....ok, o'k, ok! I'm excited. And to god...thank you. I prayed I needed a little pick me up...this sure did it!!!! Thank you CCAA!!!!

Now back to our originally slated blog post....




Hi my dear friends in blog land, I am taking this time to wish you all a happy and a healthy New Year. I am right now on a business trip but coming home tomorrow to wash my clothes and pack up my bags.


 

While my husband celebrates with family across the world, I treated myself to a little getaway. Thursday through Sunday I'll be in San Francisco.
I'll be hanging with my little friend Kristen Jo. Our plans include a trip to Napa Valley over the weekend, which I'm really excited about. For some reason I imagine a Sideways weekend, minus picking up strangers. We also have a few hikes planned. I'm meeting up with another dear friend Leah (yes, here name is Leah) who is seven months pregnant. I'll be meeting her gorgeous son Kenson who is four. On Friday nite we are going to the Christmas pagent at the English/Chinese school that her son attends. Her son's father is half black/half Chinese, and they make sure her son understands his Chinese ancestry. Leah figured I'd enjoy a nite out at this school…and she is right, I can't wait.


 


On Christmas Eve, I take off and fly over to Las Vegas, where every good Jew celebrates Christmas. I'll be sitting around the poker
table Christmas Tree with my Aunt and Uncle Dorothy and Mike. I'm back in NJ late on the 27th…*yes our 14 month lid…whoopie! I say sarcastically.


 

So, I am busy and just want to make sure you know how much I love you and all, and wish you only happiness this holiday season. I am going to try to post, but just in case I don't…HAPPY HOLIDAYS….ENJOY AND BE SAFE.


 

And, Susan is returning home with Alana Nikka! I am overjoyed for her.


 

xoxo

14 comments:

Daniella said...

Your trips sounds like lots of fun!!!! Okay, thinking of you but we'll talk live before the year is out! Safe travels...

Daniella said...

Yeah for us!!!! I so didn't think that box would change til after New Year!

Jocelyn said...

Your making progress!! YAY!! Have fun in Vegas...if I had more money, I'd join you with the rest of the Jews:-) Instead I'll be where the broke ones are on Christmas...at the movies:-)

Shannon said...

Yeah!! We're out of review. Happy, Happy, Joy! Joy!

KJ said...

I am SO happy for you! You totally needed this and - though I realize the waiting is still tough - at least it is progress. What a Holiday gift. I will keep praying that the wait is almost over! I LOVE YOU! and CANT WAIT to see you and spend MUCH qt! xoxoxoxoxxoxoxooxoxox GET HERE SOON (but safely!)!

JoAnn in NJ said...

Congrats on getting past review and have a wonderful holiday, it sounds like you are have fabulous plans!

Anonymous said...

Wendi,

Sounds like you will have a Fabulos great away.

Enjoy!

Congrats on being out of review. Doesn't it feel wonderful to be one step closer to Lia!

Elizabeth

Stephanie said...

Woohoo!!!!!!! Yeah, Wendi! I am so happy to hear this and how you described it just made my heart swell all big!

I wish you safe travels and a splendid time with your friends and family. I miss you already and want to plan a trip for us girls (ginger too).

Mwah!!!

kitchu said...

YIPPPEEEE.. congrats on being out of review, that is awesome!!

Joanne said...

Wow, busy, busy, busy!! Sounds like a lot of fun - have a safe and wonderful trip(s)!

Congrat's on being out of review!!!!!!!!!! Great news ~ come on Matching Room!!!

Anonymous said...

Out of review, eh? How awesome is that? Celebrate these steps! 2008 is all you. I can't wait to hear about all the awesome things that will happen for you.

Anonymous said...

Out of review, eh? How awesome is that? Celebrate these steps! 2008 is all you. I can't wait to hear about all the awesome things that will happen for you.

Susan said...

Wow...you have a great time on your mini-vacations!!! And remember, what happens around the "Christmas tree" stays around the Christmas tree.

Congrats on the China movement.... Can't wait to catch up when we're all back!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Congrats on being out of review... it is a great feeling huh!!! Just knowing that one one over in China has read about you and now knows all about your life... lol... oh Vegas... gotta love that place... we try to go at least once or twice a year and end up staying at Sams Town (off the Strip)... enjoy... I am envious of you... not long and I am off to Australia...