Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Revolutions


....that's resolutions, but to Addie, they are revolutions. And, I kinda of like that. After all, the definition of a revolution is: A revolution (from the Latin revolutio, "a turnaround") is a significant change that usually occurs in a short period of time. How perfect. This goes without saying the kind of New Year's revolution I hope and pray for this upcoming year. A change, oh god, we are a community of people begging for a change. I pray deeply for us all to receive optimistic news. Change and miracles throughout this entire adoption community.

Yesterday, when we were with Susan and Alana Nika, well, it was almost surreal. For months I have been agonizing along with Susan, who went on a wild roller-coaster ride. It was one long continous paperchase....referrals that went sour, and a major hiccup after she had met and fell in love with this baby. Yet, here was this munchkin, having brunch with us in Manhattan. It really happened.

Last year at this time my friend Ann Marie was being tortured as well. The paper, the certifications, the interviews, the back and forth. But yet, here she sits, at the end of 2007 with the handsome and healthy baby Alexander. It really happened.

And my dear Stephanie. Who I fell in love with through the blog world. She waits, and waits, and began her concurrent adoption to bring home a brother for her Mei Mei. In the next few days she will have her court date. (YOU WILL) It really is happening.

There's Joanne and Mia, who went with her heart, and is now celebrating her first New Year's Eve with her daughter. It really happened.

Tonight we went through our "revolutions". Addie asked for Lia-Rose to come home.
Sydney hoped that Alana Nika would forget her past and have a happy future.

My mother gave me a special present this week. Engraved in stone, and sitting on an easel are these words "never ever ever give up". On this New Year's Eve, those are very fitting words, yes indeed.

A Happy and a healthy New Year!

8 comments:

kitchu said...

Oh I am SO liking the sound of this... resolution sounds negative now in comparison- revolution has that whole "bring it on" nature to it!! I might have to steal your coined term, but I'll spin it back to you!

Happy New Year!!

Susan said...

Love the "revolutions", love your family!

A HAPPY, HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!

Julie and Steve said...

YAY! Happy New Year...here's to many "revolutions" in 2008!

- Julie (OLM)

Joanne said...

You have a very wise mom! But, as I type this Mia sits on my lap ~ I know it's easy to say now, but never, never give up Hope :)

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I just found your blog. Our daughter's name is Julia, and we call her Lia all the time - even thought about naming her this. Love it!

Happy New Year to you!

Daniella said...

Love the idea of revolutions instead! Thanks Addie! Happy New Year my friend - we are back, let's talk tomorrow. I love the gift from your Mom!

Stephanie said...

Happy New Year, my sweet friend!!! I'm so sorry that this is so late. I'm in the midst of getting caught up on all of my blog reading and oh, what do you know? You floored me with your prose.........once again!

Here's to 2008, girl!

xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

2008 is your year, Wendi. I'm excited to see how it all unfolds. Happy New Year!