Monday, November 27, 2006

One month down

I just realized that we are one month since our LID....I guess we can say, honestly 12 to 13 more to go...but we do have one behind us. And two since DTC. I just have to hold on to the thought that time will go quicky, and when I start feeling anxious about the wait remember how much time has actually passed. There should be a stack of referrals coming this week, and rumor has it it could be a large batch. I will hold the hope that this is true.
Joe is home from the hospital now. We ended up spending two nights in a hotel as our heater broke! I was concerned that the house was to cold, and in combination with the steps he had to climb to get in here, this worked out as the best option. He slowly walked up the steps to get in here, and I am quite sure that each day will be easier.
No new news on my Auntie. It's her 88th birthday today and I just send her so much love and prayers. I spoke to her daughter last nite to check in with her. She told me how much her mother loved me. I know that we both hold special places in our hearts for each other. God willing she will pull through and be there next year when Lia comes home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad hubby is home, but so sorry about Auntie. I pray she pulls through. Maybe she needs to be reminded that Lia will be home and needs to see her...I'm thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

i've been web surfing, looking at other blogs like yours, looking at ccaa info, international adoption info...what a world you have entered into. When I see how much you are going through I am even more in awe of you and your patience and determination. Nobody deserves to be a mommy more than you, and Lia Rose is the luckiest little baby in the world. I know you get frustrated and I can certainly understand that, but, wow, you have come so far, when you think about all you have been through. It may not seem it, but you are on the last leg of your journey to parenthood. I'm so excited to be an aunt, and i can't wait to hold our little girl. I also can't wait to spoil her rotten. Gut!!!!!!

Karin said...

I just stumbled upon your blog. Many of the blogs that chronicle a family's journey through adoption, that I've found lately, seem to be much further along in the process. It is nice to see one who is closer to where I am in the process. We are at the filing the I-600 place, still lots to go....I will be checking on your blog to see how the wait goes and to help my own wait along. Congratulations on getting through this sea of paperwork!