Saturday, November 18, 2006

Blogger is acting up

Hi all. It's been awhile since I posted, but I have been having Blogger issues.
Not much to report on the adoption front. It's the wait...the cool thing is we are very close to being one month closer to Lia....although, not sure how many more months to go.
Joe's surgery is this coming Wednesday. I must tell you, the guy has been in so much pain. It's unbelievable actually how he has put up with it. I think he just came to the point where he couldn't stand it anymore. Plus, we have so much in life to look forward to, and it's important that he can enjoy life to the fullest. The surgery is the day before Thanksgiving, and then we will spend the Thanksgiving weekend at the hospital. I'm optimistic, that all will go well, and he will be bouncing back before we know it. On December 16, my stepkids will arrive. That is something we have both been looking forward to for so long. We will tell them about Lia. I can't wait...it's the news we both have been waiting to share. I am hopeful they will be as excited about it as I want them to be. Anyway, more later....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wendi, Best wishes to Joe & you & the family for the surgery and recovery time. You are so lucky to have each other for support during this time.
And to have the stepchildren with you soon! What a wonderful holiday season this will be! Just a word of caution re. expectations for the kids'reaction: they may be a little jealous, not knowing what a new baby might mean in their lives. So take it easy, don't be too disappointed if they react strangely...don't forget with teens and pre-teens it is all about ME ME, so allow them that. Just my humble warning, based on personal experience with our older teens. Someone recently posted a question about reaction of stepkids, maybe you could put out one too.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Mary Beth in A'dam