Sunday, November 12, 2006

The blessing that is Sydney

I haven't been blogging over the past few days because I was preoccuppied with family. My sister, her hubby and the girls came in and we had a great time. It was also great way to stay off the computer and not obsess about the adoption or Joe's surgery....Lori and crew left on Saturday morning, but I got to "kidnap" my niece Sydney for the nite. Sydney is 11 1/2 and this was the first time we had just "Wendi and Sydney" time. She usually is stuck with one of her sisters, or just didnt' want to be a part from them. This time was just for us! However, Sydney spent the last 24 hours "teaching" me the top things that I need to know about motherhood and being a mommy to my daughter, Lia...I will share with you, this were pretty much all direct quotes from her (smile)

1. Never hug her in person in the middle of Garden State Plaza
2. Never kiss her cheek or head in public places
3. Take her to the Bagel Buffet
4. Buy her clothes from Abercrombie and Finch never at Walmart
5. Make sure her hair is a bob cut when she is around five, then it should be long from 10 on
6. Make sure that I brush her hair for her when she asks
7. Let her have bubble baths every nite in our big jacuzzi style bathtub
8. Do not under any circumstances share with anyone in public that she is cute or that she made the cheerleading squad
9. Do not hold her hand unless it's a matter of safety
10. DO NOT ever speak Yiddish in public or sing or dance! (No Gut ta nus!)

I am telling you, I learned alot this weekend! And last nite, when Sydney asked me to sleep with her and snuggle. She let me wrap my arms around her and she said, "Wendi you are going to be the best mommy in the world!"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is an extraordinary child, and she makes me so proud every day. I am so glad that you had special time together, and so is she.

You are going to be the best mom ever. I only hope that I can be the best auntie ever. Okay, second best auntie (after you, of course!)

Anonymous said...

that is all true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! o yea...dont make her eat calimari cause it will give her a tummy ache

Anonymous said...

also...dont eat her hot dogs unless u feel like ur gonna faint :) lol

Anonymous said...

btw, Sydney is still annoyed at you that you ate her hot-dog.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

LOL...I hadn't eaten a hot dog in about 20 years..you know I didn't feel well! I promise to get her another one...oy gut ta nu I love that Sydney

Wendi

Anonymous said...

GET ME MY HOT DOG! lol just kidding