Wednesday, June 03, 2009

UNREAL

So last night I am in bed. Showered, relaxing, trying to fall asleep. It's aboutthe 9:30. The phone rings. Dina. "Your appointment is at 9a on Monday morning." "Excuse me?"

Wendi get your bags packed....I'm off in less then 24 hours. I don't know how I did it. Booked flights, hotels, made huge arrangments. Today I need to pack, clean up my work for a few weeks, go shopping and just try to breathe. This is unreal. I went to bed about 3a last night. That is three hours sleep if ou are counting. I clung to Joe. This is is. The last night we will be just the two of us. Everything is different now. It feels sort of sad. I cried. I can't explain. Goodbye to the wait, the frustration, the not knowing. Goodbye to just my hubby and I. I looked at my doggie and felt guilty. She won't be the center of my universe anymore.

Goodbye to it all. And hello to my daugther.

So, not sure if this is the end of this blog.One which I created almost three years ago. This blog was about our journey.


I will try to post from Taiwan. As many of you know I'm one Facebook, so I'll be status updating and adding some photos over there.

In the end, I will admit that this was hard. I feel like the adoption system needs to be retooled for both parents and child. I hope that after Lia comes home I'll find some time to work on ideas to help make that happen. I am enternally grateful to all those who showed me so much love and compassion and partnership through this.
I wish those still in process good luck...your dream will most definetly come true.

7 comments:

Joanne said...

WOW!!! You are going to Taiwan to get your girl :) All your feelings are so normal - I remember feeling the same way - I hope you blog from Taiwan, I am so excited to see you as a family :)
Congrat's!!!

Lisa said...

Wow Congratulations!!How exciting and nerve wracking. I hope you blog from Taiwan, and I hope you continue blogging on so that we can hear of your adventures with Lia and life as a family of 3. Do me a favor scream at my judge while you are there so he starts to move on our case... LOL
Lisa

Email Marketing Yenta said...

thanks guys..lisa, i felt the same way...it dragged..suddnely you'll get the phone call!!! and hurry up and get there!!! it will happen!!! xo

veggiemom said...

Hope you have a great trip and a smooth transition to a family of 3!

zhonghaosmom said...

Bon Voyage Wendi and I'm sending you all good wishes for you and your family. You are amazing! I can't wait to see you and your family together. All feelings that you expressed are perfect by the way. It all makes sense. Love, Rose

Daniella said...

wow Wendi - that's all I can think of wow and I'm so freakin happy for you. I remember how we met oh sooo long ago - 2 gals with the same lid :) we commented each other and that was it - you had me at hello :) I sit here now as you are sleeping about to wake up and go get your daughter and I smile.... God bless all of you as you become a party of 3
xo

Jocelyn said...

You will not stop blogging because we want to watch that sweet girl of yours grow up!! That is my two cents:-) I can't wait to see her in your arms!!!